Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Birthday Recap

I had a great birthday celebration last weekend and I wanted to share one of the highlights - dinner at new New Canaan restaurant, Carpe Diem! We've been wanting to check out this new spot since it opened earlier in the spring and we finally got a chance to try it in perfect time to celebrate my birthday. With the lucky week long heat wave we got to enjoy a lovely table on their patio, filled with sunflowers, candles and heat-lamps. 


With a delicious menu there were many dishes which I was dying to try. We settled on the asparagus and baked goat cheese salad to start and then the chicken parmesan special and the paglia e fieno (tagiolini with green peas, prosciutto and a pecorino cream sauce). The entrees were amazing, the palia e fieno was honestly one of the best things I have ever eaten. I find dirty plate photos disgusting but I just had to share this one of us as clean plate club! 


The delicious food paired with a few glasses of champagne, tasty wine and creme brulee for desert made for the perfect night. I look forward to going back to try the penne buttera and the piccatina al limone. The menu is incredibly reasonable, with entrees from $15-$34. The wine list is however a bit pricy, with most bottles around $60 to $90. However certainly worth it for the wonderful food and atmosphere. I highly recommend going back to sit outside on their terrace and enjoy the spring air!


Carpe Diem 
26 Locust Avenue, New Canaan 
203.594.9599


A gorgeous orchid from my hubby from our favorite flower shop - Cos Cob Farms, 61 East Putnam Ave. They have the best cut flowers as well as orchids and potted plants. 


Chocolate cookie pies for birthday dessert! Recipe courtesy of EH to come! 


Thanks to my family and friends for a great, great weekend! Looking forward to enjoying every minute of the last year of my 20s! 

No comments:

Post a Comment