Thursday, January 26, 2012

Winter Beauty Essentials

I've been on a master quest recently to find a new shampoo for my winter hating hair. It's been dry and brittle and generally creating a little halo of spiky straw around my head. I finally found a solution to my quest with Nexxus Color Assure Radiant Color Care Shampoo. I now have happy, bouncy, summer loving hair again!

This little venture got me thinking about all the other beauty essentials I just can't live without once the temperature drops below 50. 


My true "can't live without" moisturizer - Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer in SPF 15. I have rather dry itchy skin but I'm also prone to a breakout of two and this has proven to be the perfect cream for me. Light but nourishing and I feel like it makes my skin glow, perfect for year round. I even use it as my sunblock - it comes in SPF 30 for those more sun conscious consumers. A must have! Available at most drug stores. 


Second in my winter arsenal is Clarins Eau Lactee Auto-Bronzante. I for one believe in a year round tan and as I'm not lucky enough to have monthly vacations to the beach I need to rely instead on this great self tanner. A subtle glow for your face, it creates a perfect base for your favorite bronzer and helps me avoid that whole "Twillight" thing I have going on every January. Available at fine department stores or specialty drug stores. 



When you really need to pull out the big guns my secret weapon is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. This offers a wonderful foundation for when you have a busy day or night out in the cold. Layer over your traditional moisturizer, let dry and then highlight with bronzer. You'll have a sunkissed glow that will stay put throughout the day, even when that cold wind tries to whip the tan right off you! Available at Sephora and fine department stores. 


Lastly, if you don't have one of these in your makeup bag then you've spent one too many mornings looking fatigued. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch is a miracle worker. This luminizing pen highlights skin and erases all signs of dark circles and redness. Dab a little under your eyes and around your noise and chin and voila, no one will know you had one to many pinots last night! Available at Sephora and fine department stores. 


Have a beautiful January! 

No comments:

Post a Comment