Monday, June 6, 2011

Doughnut Delightful

I love doughnuts, love, so I'm constantly on the hunt for delicious munchkins. My most favorite doughnuts are 'whales eyes' from Nantucket Bake Shop on Orange Street. My mom was always a gem and went to pick these up for me before they sold out while I was sleeping in on summer vacation (if I haven't mentioned it before, she's the best!). So I can't tell you how excited I was to come in to work last week and find some of the most delicious doughnut holes I've ever had. From Darien Doughnut at 370 Heights Rd, these were little bit-sized pieces of heaven. Located across from the Noroton Heights train station this is the perfect spot for commuters, or any FFC doughnut lovers. Open Monday-Friday, 5-5, and Saturday and Sunday 5-3, the next time you need to hop the train into NYC (or are just running errands around town) be sure to stop here for a glazed taste treat. I know I'll be back ASAP.

www.dariendoughnut.com

No comments:

Post a Comment