Friday, November 15, 2013

Best Books of November



Some great books that I've recently finished on my quest to 52 books. So if you're looking for something to cozy up by the fire with this weekend check out some of my favorite pics!

The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes - a love story about a painting, World War I and fighting for what you love. I love books that alternate time periods - I couldn't put it down.


Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman - "Steel Magnolias meets The Help", a coming of age story in the 1960s in Savannah. You'll fall in love with all the strong female characters and the beautiful imagery of the low country. Made me smile and cry and then do it all over again.


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - the ads for the major motion picture had caught my eye and I realized I'd missed reading this great best seller. The extraordinary NYT #1 bestseller set in 1939 Nazi Germany and narrated by Death tells the unforgettable story of the ability of books to feed the soul. Seems like the perfect book to end my year of reading.


3 comments:

  1. I read "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" over the summer and had the exact same reaction! It gave me warm fuzzies when I was finished, haha. I'm currently reading "Tell the Wolves I'm Home" (phenomenal, in case you're looking for another good read!) and have "The Book Thief" on my nightstand to start next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I was just looking for another book - I'll check out "Tell the Wolves I'm Home"!

      Delete
  2. What is the best book you read this year? Are there any that you wish you hadn't read or couldn't make it all the way through?

    ReplyDelete