Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stop & Shop for Discounted Gas

Over the past few weeks I've been wondering why the clerks at Stop & Shop keep highlighting my 'gas points' at the bottom of all my receipts. The smart thing to do would have been to ask them but thankfully Suzy Said filled me in today!

For every dollar you spend at Stop & Shop, you earn a point on your card toward Shell gasoline. Earn 100 points and save 10¢/gallon on gas, earn 200 points and save 20¢/gallon, etc. The more you spend,  the more you save - up to $2.20/gallon. (You'd have to buy a LOT of groceries!) The points are only good for 30 days so be sure to use then ASAP!

At participating Shell stations
1. Follow the prompts at the pump to start
2. Insert your Stop & Shop Card
3. Select payment and fuel grade
4. See you new price per gallon!

Find participating Shell stations here. There's 24 within a 10 mile radius of my house. I'll definitely be heading there this week to fill up!

1 comment: