Monday, May 2, 2011

Summer Reading List

After a great weekend filled with plentiful sunshine it seemed like the perfect time to share my "summer reading list". Every summer I wait for the same authors to release their newest beach reads - Elin Hilderbrand, Jen Lancaster, Mary Kay Andrews, Jennifer Weiner, Nancy Thayer, Louanne Rice. Throughout the rest of the year I try to read more substantial books but during the summer I live for these wonderful guilty pleasures. What's better than reading one of Elin Hilderbrands novels about Nantucket while on the beach in Nantucket? I smile just thinking about all the quality time I'll be spending in the warm sunshine with my kindle engrossed in these books! I'll be honest and admit I wrote this list up about 6 weeks ago, I'm that excited. Happy Reading!

The Silver Boat by Luanne Rice - released April 5th.
Rice writes beautiful books, if you haven't read The Geometry of Sisters I highly recommend it, it's one of my favorites. 

The Silver Boat: A Novel

If You Were Here by Jen Lancaster - available May 3rd. 
Jen Lancaster was the author who turned me on to blogs. She's incredibly hilarious and I'm a tiny bit obsessed with her. If you ever get the chance to go to one of her book tour stops it's so worth it, she's darling and pee in your pants funny! Here we are meeting her in NYC in 2009.


And her new book...

If You Were Here: A Novel

Summer in the South by Cathy Holton - available May 24th.
Grab this one for Memorial Day weekend and when you fall in love with Holton make sure you read Beach Trip, one of my favorite books of summer of 2009.

Summer in the South: A Novel

Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews - available June 7th.
The queen of southern chic lit, her books always put a smile on my face.

Summer Rental

Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand - available June 21st.
I will be counting down the days until this book is released. Elin Hilderbrand is one of my most favorite authors - I've read every one of her books, receiving a signed copy of The Island was one of the highlights of last summer, and I want to cry every time I finish one of her books because I know I'll have to wait until the next summer to read another. Hopefully I never meet her cause I think I'd totally freak her out!

Silver Girl: A Novel

Heat Wave by Nancy Thayer - available June 21st.
My other favorite Nantucket author releasing her book on the very same day...don't call me the week of June 20th, I'm going to be a very busy girl!

Heat Wave: A Novel

Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner - available July 12th.
Weiner has had a great run the last two summers, Fly Away Home and Best Friends Forever, so I'm very much looking forward to seeing what she has to offer this year. 

(No cover art yet)

Always Something There to Remind Me by Beth Harbison - available July 19th.
The newest author to add to my summer reading list, Harbison offers easy reading fun for those dog days of summer.

Always Something There to Remind Me

What's on your summer reading list?

1 comment:

  1. I've been plowing through the wonderful books of Dorothea Benton Frank - all set in NJ-South Carolina beaches - all fabulous. Well written and highly readable beach books.

    Also loving rereading Cathleen Schine's delicate, lovely novels starting w/ The New Yorkers.

    Having said that, Elin's newest just arrived so that will be my weekend reading!

    ReplyDelete