Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In Flight Entertainment

I love airport bookstores. They put all the obviously popular books right up there in the front so a) I feel like a genius because I've read so many "best sellers" and b) I can always find something new to read on the fly without scouring through the fiction section trying to find something I'll like. Today as I was enjoying a little QT at LaGuardia I was browsing their selection of "First Class Reads" - aren't they clever? - and I found four new books to add to my reading list! I can't wait to dig into these while on vacation next week.

These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
I loved her book The Weight of Silence so I'm hoping to enjoy this just as much! I think I might have to jump the gun and download this one tonight.

UPDATE: This book is so good, even better than The Weight of Silence. Each chapter gets better and better, I'm only three days in and hoping to finish it tonight. Highly recommend!

Incendiary by Chris Cleave
I was so excited to see the author of Little Bee had a new book! Until I realized he wrote this before Little Bee, but I am still very excited because I love Cleave's writing style and this seemed to have received just as many accolades, not sure how I missed it.

Lunch in Paris by Elizabeth Bard
I stay haven't read Eat Pray Love but this book seems to have a similar feel, just with the loving and the eating...and recipes! What's not to love about that?

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult
I am not embarrassed to admit I am a shameless Jodi Picoult fan. I love her books and always look forward to the newest one coming out. If you haven't read House Rules yet than run to a bookstore, I thought it was that good. I'm not sold on this one yet, it includes a CD of songs related to the book which seems a little gimmicky to me, but I hope I'm wrong. I'm sure Jodi won't let me down!

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I HEART Jodi Picoult, I have read everyone of her books! I pre-ordered House Rules when it came out, loved it, especially since I was getting my Masters in Education. I can't wait to read her newest one!
    xoxo KAG

    ReplyDelete