Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Say Yes to the Dress

We're headed up to Chatham this weekend for lots of wedding planning (can't wait!) so I have weddings on the brain this week! The thing I'm most excited for is my dress to arrive, I can't wait to see the real thing and not the sample. I also can't say enough about the shop where I found my dress! When I started my wedding dress shopping I headed straight into NYC thinking how lucky I was to live near a city with so many bridal boutiques. After appointments at Saks and Amsale and another trip back to the city planned I decided on a whim to head up to Westport (who doesn't want to try on wedding dresses every chance they get!) Needless to say I fell madly in love with a dress despite only planning on looking. What a relief it's been to find a dress I adore out here in CT! Owner Allison was sweet enough to let me swing by the other day to try on possible shoe options and talk jewelry. And no hot train rides to the city this summer for fittings, I'll be able to get them done on just a long lunch break. I know this will make my experience so much more enjoyable and save a few hours I can dedicate to other fun things, like seating charts and thank you notes : ) So if you're a new bride and just starting your dress search do yourself a favor and stop by The Plumed Serpent, they offer great designers and you'll love the personalized service of a small bridal boutique. Also be sure to follow them on facebook, they're posting from the bridal show this week so you can get a sneak peak at some new gowns. I can't wait to go back to see mine!

How can you choose just one??

The Plumed Serpent Bridal
295 Post Road East, Westport
203.226.9868
http://plumedserpentbridal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment